The Model is looking for enthusiastic people who have a few hours to spare each week to join their volunteer scheme. If you are interested in meeting people, getting a better understanding and experience of the arts and would like to make a worthwhile contribution to Sligo’s cultural life, The Model would love to hear from you.
For further information, call Anne Marie Ball on 086 362 7833 or email email@example.com
For more information on the role of the invigilator, read this document.
The Model is delighted to partner with Sligo Volunteer Centre for the recruitment of volunteers to our Get Involved programme.
Creative Enterprise Offices
As part of the Northwest’s creative hub, The Model, home of The Niland Collection houses six Creative Enterprise Office Spaces.
Suitable for media, film, design, music or other creative industries, these workspaces are available for rent. Professional creative enterprises are prioritised but all interested parties are welcome.
All Creative Enterprise Office Spaces have access to broadband.
For more info contact
(071) 914 1405 firstname.lastname@example.org
Front of House / Administration Manager
The Model, Home of The Niland Collection seeks a full-time Front of House / Administration Manager to support the administrative needs of the programme and the day-to-day management of Reception. The Front of House / Administration Manager will work closely with the Director, Deputy Director and Development Manager to ensure the organisation operates to the highest professional standards and will lead on a number of exciting income generation initiatives.
The successful candidate will have:
• Minimum of two years experience in a similar role
• Excellent administration and organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• An excellent understanding of high quality customer service
• Proficiency in computers with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and digital marketing tools.
• Experience of event management
• Experience in retail
• Strong financial management skills
• The ability to develop and oversee a team.
The following qualities will be required:
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Flexibility – evening and weekend work will be required
• Good people skills and the ability to work well within a team
• Self-motivation and ability to take initiative
• Excellent time management and strong work ethic
MAIN FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Front of House / Box Office
• Managing the day-to-day staffing, operation and customer service of the Box Office and Reception, including rostering and management of Front of House support staff.
• Ensuring that high standards of customer service are maintained.
• Ensuring Front of House staff is instructed on all aspects pertaining to the use of The Model, including health and safety, evacuation and monitoring procedures.
• Supervising the set-up for exhibition openings, launches events and hires as requested.
• Providing co-ordination to all Front of House staff in the promotion and professional delivery of all aspects of The Model’s activities.
• Acting as a key holder for the centre, locking and opening up as required and ensuring that principles of best practice are adhered to regarding all security systems.
• Working with the Volunteer Coordinator to leverage donated skills, time and expertise of Volunteers for The Model’s activities, particularly for tours and invigilation.
• Lead on earned income initiatives including venue hire and The Model Shop.
• Working with the Development Assistant to file daily financial reports, reconciling and balancing of Box Office and Bookshop transactions.
• Assisting the Development Manager in the administration of Membership and Sponsorship Schemes.
• Managing the internal administration, dealing with internal queries, responding to email, typing, photocopying, handling post and managing keys.
• Provision of clerical, secretarial and administrative support to the Director, Deputy Director and Development Manager.
• Ensuring efficient levels of office administration and management, including dealing with artists, musicians, bookings, clients, customers, incoming calls, counter activity, information display and supplies as required.
• Managing the administrative function pertaining to the hire of Model facilities, including liaising with customers, identifying requirements, completing booking documentation and details for invoicing.
Please email a C.V. and Cover Letter addressed to the Director, Megan Johnston outlining why you think you would be suited to the advertised position to email@example.com by 12 noon Friday 6 March 2015. Short listed candidates will be interviewed on Wednesday 11 March with a view to role commencing soon after.