14 - 18 Sep. 2011
The Tree of Life (12A)
€8 / €6 /
Dir: Terence Malick.138 minutes, U.S.A., 2011.
14, 15 Sep. at 8pm.
17 & 18 Sep. at 3pm
Unconventionally structured with free-flowing, elliptical lyricism, Terence Malick’s Cannes prize-winner touches on the Big Bang, the birth of dinosaurs, and the tense household of Brad Pitt and Jessica Chastain’s parents, whose oldest son (Hunger McCracken) – played as an adult by Sean Penn, and functioning as the director’s proxy – grapples with his contradictory feelings towards both his father and His Heavenly Father. A religious rumination on humanity’s light/dark warring heart and the extent of the Almighty’s hand in our fates.
- 07 - 11 Sep: Poetry
- 08 - 10 Sep: Gasland
- 21 - 25 Sep: The Skin I Live In (16)
- 28 - 29 Sep: Knuckle (15A)
- 05 - 09 Oct: Bobby Fischer Against The World
- 12 - 16 Oct: Project Nim (12A)
- 19 - 27 Oct: Beginners (15A)
- International Fund for Ireland